Beginning at the beginning ....
1. Establish a personal login to Facebook. I recommend that you establish an email account solely for the purpose of creating your online business presence. This would be useful for other social channels as well. As an example, you would create a Facebook account for email@example.com. This account and associated page can remain inactive.
• 851 x 315 pixels for the cover photo
• 180 x 180 pixels for the profile photo
3. Photos are an important part of marketing your company on Facebook, and it is soooooo easy to do. Download the Facebook app to your smartphone. Using your smartphone capture photos of clients, products, places, related items of interest and upload them to Facebook through the SHARE feature of your smartphone's photo gallery. You will be asked to write a message to be posted along with the photo. Voila!
If you do not have a smartphone do not despair. You can use any camera, even a webcam, to take a photo and upload directly from your computer to your Facebook page.
4. Events such as classes, webinars, public speaking engagements, special celebrations such as anniversaries, ribbon cutting, open houses are easily broadcast to your audience through the EVENT feature of Facebook.
Here's a great way to get the word out to your prospects and clients. This is a preprinted tent card layout designed specifically to help you advertise your business page on Facebook. Click this image to be directed to this handy tool. Click here for Avery forms.
Future blog articles for Facebook startups will cover advertising, custom tabs, and integration with email subscription.