In contrast, there are directories such as Google and Bing and YP, the search engine giants that help us find “Italian restaurants near me” and “Lennox furnace service” and “post office”. These are free listing opportunities for your business.
In this article I am going to walk you through the registration process for YP, the digital YellowPages.
This is a shorter process than other directories, about 10-15 minutes max. You will need to be by the business phone for the final step of verification.
1. Open your internet browser and go to m1.adsolutions.yp.com/free-listing-basic-benefits. Enter your first and last name and a business email address. Click CLAIM NOW
2. Enter the requested profile information to establish a basic company profile. You will see a map on the right hand side of the window that will update as you enter the name, address, category of business, website, and phone number. Click CONTINUE
4. Mark the checkbox to accept the terms. Click I ACCEPT THE TERMS
5. Click VERIFY BY PHONE
6. YP will call you and provide a code to be entered online. Your listing may take 4 hours to appear online.
7. Enhance your listing with photos and special offers, hours of operations, additional phone numbers and up to 5 categories.
YP Business has a short video on YouTube that steps you through the process. Here’s the link to that video. tinyurl.com/mfqupk5
Tip: If you have a home office and want to keep that information private, I recommend that you establish a PO box at the post office. Current pricing at USPS is $50-$70 per year.