"Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's unpaid results—often referred to as "natural," "organic," or "earned" results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users." from Wikipedia
Optimization is what technology is all about. So how will a company optimize their online ranking with Google, Bing and Yahoo if they don't know where to start? Often this is left to a third party consulting company as it is a challenging endeavor even for the experienced. To fully appreciate the challenge, read further to learn about the many facets of SEO.
The Short List of SEO Optimizations for Small Businesses
- Good website design (mobile-friendly and tablet-friendly) and good content.
- Use Google Analytics and Bing Webmaster to verify and present content to these search engines.
- Implement social media effectively. Multiple social media channels should be used to assure more eyes see your content and more search power is devoted to your content.
- Get on the maps - Google and Bing!
- Subscribe to the free directories of Manta, Yelp, BBB, and all others offered. This provides backlinks to your website and social channels and provides a new audience.
- Keep your content fresh and ever changing. One way to do this is to create a blog. Good blog content can be used to provide content to your social channels. So your efforts to develop a
commitment to provide fresh meaningful content through your blog will also help you be an effective voice on social media.
- The open rate of video is so much beyond photos with text that this is an excellent way to present your business, even new businesses.
- Build an email list for prospects, clients, affiliates and share stories and links to fresh content to stay connected to your audience and those who can refer you.
- Create landing pages on your website to enable you to see the results of your communications and measure how effective it is in increasing sales of a new product or
selling off the old product.
Call BTG to inquire how we can help your company with SEO.