Over the next few weeks I will share with you how to register your business with several of the major data search providers. In this blog article I am going to walk you through the registration process for Google.
1. Open your internet browser and go to www.google.com/business.
2. Click on the START NOW button and answer the questions about your business: Company Name, Street, City, State, Zip, Phone. If you are already registered with Google your company name will appear.
3. You will next be asked to select a CATEGORY for your business (restaurant, health club, newspaper).
5. The previous steps create a Google+ page which will enable you to provide further information about your business: website, social media, email address, photos, etc. At the top of the page you will see a red banner advising you to verify your business. Click on VERIFY NOW.
7. There are five areas of content that Google will ask you to complete: Cover Photo, Profile Photo, Contact Information, Hours of Operations, and Website address. This is an optional step.