Yahoo Listings, Managed by Yext
In contrast, there are search engine giants that help us find “restaurants near me”, “a/c service”, “auto parts” and “fitness club” as well as provide reviews and ratings. In this article I am going to cover the registration process for Yahoo’s free business listing. Yext.com is managing Yahoo business listings.
For an overview I recommend that you watch Local Marketing Institute’s Eric Shanfelt’s 4 minute video. https://localmarketinginstitute.com/yahoo-free-business-listing
Click on the READ MORE link to read our step-by-step walk through.
Yahoo Business Listing Step-By-Step
- Start at www.Yext.com. Enter your business name, phone and click on SCAN NOW.
3. Complete the short list of profile information for your business. CONTINUE
4. SELECT YOUR PLAN will appear with different options for getting your business information updated on Yahoo and other sites. Ignore the chart. In small print at the bottom of the chart you will see “Claim your basic listing only on Yahoo”. Click this link.
5. You are almost done! Mark the checkboxes at the bottom of the CHECKOUT page.
6. PLACE ORDER
7. BACK TO YAHOO
9. You will need to create a password for your business account with YEXT. Once you have entered your password twice click on SIGN IN.
10. You will be given 3 options to verify that you are the rightful owner of the business. Choose the IMMEDIATE option. YEXT will call your business phone number. Using an automated attendant they will announce a numeric value to enter. Enter the code.
11. Review your listing information and update as needed. Save your YEXT password in a safe place. This completes the setup for your free Yahoo listing.
Below is an example of the Order Online call out button. That will enable customers to more easily choose to place an order for pickup or delivery.