Facebook Community and Privacy
Frustrated with News Reports That Are NOT Fact Based?
Excerpt from Facebook.com - False News
We are committed to reducing the spread of false news on Facebook.
· We remove fake accounts and disrupt economic incentives for people and Pages that share misinformation.
· We also use signals, like feedback from our community, to identify stories that may be false.
· In countries where we work with independent third-party fact-checkers, stories rated as false by those fact-checkers are shown lower in News Feed.
· If Pages or domains repeatedly create or share misinformation, we significantly reduce their distribution and remove their advertising rights.
· We're also working to empower people to decide for themselves what to read, trust and share by giving them more context on stories with tools like Related Articles.
Learn more about how we're working to reduce the spread of false news.