National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
In the Security Policy Updates screen I turn on the AUTO UPDATE feature and select WIFI ONLY. The update will download when I am on a secure WIFI internet connection to avoid data charges and assure a solid connection for uninterrupted internet connection.
Get Your Apps at the Store
Google and Apple only offer apps that they have verified to be legitimate and free of harm to your device.
Block Installations from Unknown Sources
Protect Your Personal Information on Apple and Android
- Secure your devices with strong passwords, security questions/answers, fingerprint/retinal scan. Here's a comprehensive list of leading social channels and their 2-step verification.
- Be thoughtful about who / what app you allow to access information about your online habits
- Review your privacy settings (see above)
- Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when away from home. These are “open doors” for the baddies to reach your personal information.
- If you need to use public WIFI or a hotspot do not log in to key accounts like email or banking systems.
- Scams through text and voicemail are on the rise. As with email, when in doubt, don’t respond. DELETE or BLOCK CONTACT