Need More Reviews? Drop everything and Read This!
Over the last 2 years I have been looking for more ways to gently remind clients and others interested in my blog and online content that I need reviews. I have talked with several app developers that have the answer but it involved a subscription fee, often with a minimum of 12 months commitment, and a learning curve that begins with the setup of yet another dashboard to manage the app.
Today I was reviewing a client's Google My Business listing and at the bottom of the page there was a link to a Google developer page. That page led me to discover this method of sharing a review link.
- Easily rate my business with a 5 star rating scale
- Detail the specifics of the reason for the rating
- Leave a photo to support the rating
Online reviews make a difference, specifically Google My Business reviews. 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a recommendation from a friend or family member.
Reviews provide your audience with reliable third-party information. Research shows that 5 reviews is the magic number of Google My Business reviews. Your business may already have 5 reviews but as time passes it is important to keep them rolling in. My audience isn't persuaded to engage with BTG Solutions because of 5 reviews that were posted 3 years ago. They want to see REVIEWS and RATINGS from the last 12 months.
How to Implement
Where Do You Share This Link?
- Copy your URL string and place it in your email signature (sample above).
- Include a link on the CONTACT US page of your website. Why on the Contact Us page? The CONTACT US page is a popular page on my site as well as on all of my client websites.
- You should also co-locate a customized "Leave a Review" button next to your social media buttons in the footer and elsewhere on landing pages of your website.
Need some help with this?
Contact Tami at BTG Solutions.
If this article or any other part of the BTG Solutions website has been worthy of your time please leave a review to help others find their way to BTG Solutions.